Friday, August 29, 2008

It's been awhile

Well Kaden arrived on August 18th, 2008 and was 6lbs 10.5 oz and 19.5 in long!!! He had the cord wrapped around his neck and needed to be resuscitated immediately. By some miracle Kaden was, easily. They managed this without doing chest compressions, which is a miracle in itself. Kaden was placed on Ecmo on the 20th and has been holding steady so far. He has had his endotracheal tubes replaced (the 27th) and his Ecmo circuit was replaced today as well (very scary). Kaden does not have any signs of bleeding on the brain but did have severe edema which has come down a lot. His left eye was swollen shut but he can open it now to. Dr.Stork (director of Ecmo & our info giver) Took pictures of Kaden while changing his tubes so we finally got to see what he looks like with out them across his face. Kaden has less then 17% of his right lung and no left lung to date. They say this is not enough to sustain life. His chances where less then 10% and yet my warrior is still here, fighting for his life. I wish I could take this all away, I wish I could trade places with him. Kaden is fighting Severe pulmonary hypertension as well. This must get better by next wednesday or they won't do the repair surgery and we may lose our little boy. Kaden also had a throat infection but he fought that too, and now it's gone. My little man has so many battles. I wish I knew how to fix this. Our family and friends have been wonderful. Some more then others. We will have a benefit for Kaden soon. I trust in God that Kaden will pull through.

No comments: